You MUST have a CURRENT ACLS card; this will be collected at the course.
HeartCode ACLS is a self-directed, comprehensive eLearning program that uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. To enter the course, students must complete a precourse self-assessment. Students will then be presented with a team dynamics lesson and 10 In-hospital patient cases, including a BLS case and 2 megacode cases. The cases may be repeated as many times as necessary to pass. Upon successful completion of all the patient cases, students will take a multiple choice exam and must pass with a minimum score of 84%.
HeartCode ACLS is comprised of two separate courses:
- Part one is a self paced ONLINE interactive class that must be completed on your own.
- Part two is a structured in-person hands on skills review with an AHA instructor.
After completing the online portion, students attend a ACLS hands-on session with an AHA Instructor. This session focuses on meaningful skills practice, megacodes, airway management, debriefing, team scenarios, and skills testing.
For part one, please visit: http://shop.aha.channing-bete.com
HeartCode® ACLS (Online Student Product For Blended Learning)
Format: Online course
Unit Price: $132.00
Once the online portion is completed, registering for this course will satisfy "part two".
Skills practice and skills testing:
An American Heart Association instructor will answer questions and allow students time to practice their skills. Students will then be tested on their Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support skills.
- Monday, May 7, 2018 from 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM (5 seats left)Baystate Education Center - Whitney Avenue
- Monday, June 4, 2018 from 9:00 AM to 2:30 PM (6 seats left)Baystate Education Center - Whitney Avenue
- Monday, August 6, 2018 from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM (6 seats left)Baystate Education Center - Whitney Avenue
- Monday, October 1, 2018 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM (6 seats left)Baystate Education Center - Whitney Avenue
- Monday, November 5, 2018 from 9:30 AM to 2:30 PM (6 seats left)Baystate Education Center - Whitney Avenue